Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My First Day at Sea!

For two days I have been overwhelmed as I observed all of the aspects of the crew’s preparation for the TAO mission to Samoa. I am fascinated with everything about this operation – watching the crew load the ship, observing the ship being fueled, viewing the massive nuclear submarines located in Pearl Harbor, and assembling the sensors that collect climate data from each of the buoys we will deploy. Yesterday, in preparation for our voyage, we continued to calibrate instruments and assemble sensors.Last night was our first night at sea, I slept like a baby -the gentle rocking of the boat was like being in a giant cradle.

Today, January 6th, is our first full day at sea. We will continue to assemble equipment and check electronics. We are scheduled to arrive at our first deployment sometime on Friday, January 8th. Stay tuned for more updates.


So, I will say good night from sea,

Art

2 comments:

  1. Dan Patterson here. I teach at Skyview and wish you well on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan,
    Keep warm and thank you for following. Let us know what you teach and we can work to link that to our experience. Rick

    ReplyDelete