Sunday, January 24, 2010

Our last full day in Samoa dawned cloudy and somewhat cooler. Or perhaps we are beginning to get used to the heat and humidity. Yesterday was about 90 with a heat index of 105 and today was predicted to be similar but turned out to be cooler without the sun. The few times the sun did come out, it got steamy.


A quiet Sunday in Apia means not so much traffic and streets you can simply wander around on without anyone hawking Lava Lava’s, local potato chips, or veggies.

It was just us and the pigs. This little porker is a Number 1 Pig, or a small size. We never saw one but some of the crew mentioned Number 6 Pigs that they saw about town.


We actually didn’t do much either, not just because the town was shut down, but because it was a very rainy day. Tomorrow we begin out journey back to Montana. We will try to post something tomorrow, if not our next post will be from Montana.

Thank you for joining us on this adventure and a special thanks to the NOAA Teacher at Sea Program and the Officers and Crew of the good ship Ka’Imimoana for making this possible.

Art and Rick

13 comments:

  1. I miss you Dr. Jones we all talk about you everyday (: Hope to see you soon!!!!!!!
    We miss your teaching skills!!!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment up there is from
    Jessica radford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dr Jones, we all miss you, and cant wait until you come back so we can year all about your trip in person.

    - Lizzy Stears

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three of those our from your honors students.
    Everyone else is at the game, but we are here doing this for you(: (: (:
    -Lizzy && Jessie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That comment was from me Jessie not Lizzy sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lizzy that comment was from you ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No that message was not from me and sorry Dr. Jones we are getting off. we will see you when you get back

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lizzy and Jessie,

    I appreciate the comments and that you have been following the trip. I am back in Billings and will be back to my 'real job' on Monday. Believe it or not I have missed you guys too. Looking forward to taking a day and telling you all about it. Dr. J.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dr. Jones we went backpacking in the Alps!

    - Your FAVORITE STUDENTS
    Alfonso and Ramirez

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cant wait to hear about the trip on monday.
    - Tucker Downs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just to let you all know, I have your shrunken cups! There are over 300 and they are mixed for all the classes at the Academy. It should be fun looking through them to find your new treasure.

    Dr. J

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I still have my cup. It was fun to read through this blog again. I missed out on a lot of the good details when I was a freshman.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dr. J if you read this I would love to catch up on how things are in Hawaii. I found an email on Hawaii.edu but I'm not sure its you. If you can email me at tucker@tuckerd.info

    ReplyDelete